Informing PARENTS & Inspiring FAMILIES in the Great Lakes Bay Region since 2012!
From locating childcare to joining a playdate, finding something to do this weekend or even a voice that’s “been there” — greatlakesbayparents.com is your website for all-things-parenting in our Great Lakes Bay Region.
GREAT LAKES BAY PARENTS’ JOURNEY
- 3mommies.com was launched by three stay-at-home mothers with the mission to provide information to families in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- Greatlakesbaymoms.com was launched by a local business women and mothers with the mission to provide information to families in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- 3mommies.com and Greatlakesbaymoms.com collaborated resources and created a partnership that became Great Lakes Bay Moms, LLC.
- The website grew to include a Kids Calendar, Blog Post, and Directories. Social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram were open to help inform and direct users to the website.
- Group members were interviewed by MLive and made monthly appearances on WNEM’s morning show.
- The first Annual Kids Block Party hosted by GLBM occurred in Bay City. It featured activities, crafts, performances, and businesses. It was sponsored by local businesses including the Catholic Federal Credit Union, Covenant HealthCare, Dow Bay Area Family Y, McLaren Hospital, car dealership and Walmart.
- The 2nd Annual Kids Block Party hosted by GLBM occurred in Bay City.
Collaborations were formed with the local Great Start groups and businesses.
- The Third Annual Kids Block Party hosted by GLBM occurred in Bay City.
- Great Lakes Bay Moms, LLC’s three controlling partners went their own ways and the business was dissolved. The website’s ownership was given to one partner.
- Great Lakes Bay Parents, LLC launched with a mission to INFORM families and INSPIRE parents in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- Isabella County included.
- Arenac County included.
- ADVERTISING & SPONSORSHIP opportunities are available to regional partners.
THE WHO BEHIND GREAT LAKES BAY PARENTS
Great Lakes Bay Moms was an idea created by two groups of moms simultaneously in 2012. Both sets of women decided that combining all their talents and skills would enable a more diverse and successful website. The dynamic of the group has changed dramatically over the years as more individuals joined the team and then left. Presently, I am the sole owner and caretaker of Great Lakes Bay Parents. It is my goal to continue to offer a website that parents can use to find events, programs, and resources for their families.
My name is Jill Pfeiffer, and I have worked from home as an information professional for over a decade. This has allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom while fulfilling my need to be a part of the professional world. I have an arts degree in History and Native Studies, a post-graduate degree in Museum Administration, and a master’s degree in Library & Information Science with a specialization in User Experience. Great Lakes Bay Parents has offered me a chance to reach thousands of families and help them find local resources. It has also allowed me to become more involved in my community and recognize its many needs. It gives me much joy knowing I can use my skills and knowledge to make a difference for the parents in our region.
**A special thanks to those original ladies: Hillary, Kate, and Charissa!**