Informing PARENTS & Inspiring FAMILIES in the Great Lakes Bay Region since 2012!
From locating childcare to joining a playdate, finding something to do this weekend or even a voice that’s “been there” — greatlakesbayparents.com is your website for all-things-parenting in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Great Lakes Bay Parents is operated by the Great Lakes Bay Regional Alliance, which works to champion and support regional collaboration and initiatives that grow the Great Lakes Bay Region. Additionally, you can find STEM-related content, including a regional daily activity calendar, on the STEM Pipeline, a comprehensive website for the Great Lakes Bay Region/Prosperity Region 5 (Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland and Saginaw Counties).
Great Lakes Bay Parents takes pride in reaching thousands of families and helping them connect with local resources.
GREAT LAKES BAY PARENTS’ JOURNEY
- Great Lakes Bay Parents began the transition of Great Lakes Bay Parents operations (website, social media, newsletters and more) from Jill Pfeiffer to the Great Lakes Bay Regional Alliance as well as the addition of Clare, Gladwin and Gratiot Counties. Jill remains a regular content contributor.
- Isabella and Arenac Counties included.
- Great Lakes Bay Parents, LLC launched with a mission to INFORM families and INSPIRE parents in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- Great Lakes Bay Moms, LLC’s three partners went their own ways and the business was dissolved. The website’s ownership was given to one partner.
- 3mommies.com was launched by three stay-at-home mothers with the mission to provide information to families in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
- Greatlakesbaymoms.com was launched by local business women and mothers with the mission to provide information to families in the region.
- 3mommies.com and Greatlakesbaymoms.com collaborated on resources and created a partnership that became Great Lakes Bay Moms, LLC.
- The website grew to include a Kids Calendar, Blog Post, and Directories. Social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram were open to help inform and direct users to the website.
- Group members were interviewed by MLive and made monthly appearances on WNEM’s morning show.
- The first Annual Kids Block Party hosted by GLBM occurred in Bay City. It featured activities, crafts, performances, and businesses. It was sponsored by local businesses including the Catholic Federal Credit Union, Covenant HealthCare, Dow Bay Area Family Y, McLaren Hospital, car dealership and Walmart.
Jill Pfeiffer, Original Co-founder
Great Lakes Bay Moms was an idea created by two groups of moms simultaneously in 2012 when they decided to combine their talents to create a diverse and successful parenting resource for the region. The “Moms” group dynamic changed over the years and eventually dissolved. Jill Pfeiffer, one of the original founders, transitioned the platform to Great Lakes Bay Parents to continue sharing information with parents. The dynamic combination of a website, social media, newsletter and more helps assist local parents in their search for events, programs, and resources for their families.